Dr. L. F. Anderson, Psy.D
International Health Care Practitioner
Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Phone: (715) 342-4180
5361 80th St. North
Wisconsin Rapids 54494
Answers to Myths About
.Hypnosis is a phenomenon which has traditionally
been cloaked in mystery. Anton Franz Mesmer, from whose name we get the word
"mesmerize", first introduced the phenomenon, which he called "animal
magnetism", in the late 18th century. Mesmer staged demonstrations in which he
dressed in a cape and used melodramatic methods.
Despite the more clinical, down-to-earth approaches
which have characterized hypnosis in medical and psychotherapeutic practice, an
aura of myth and mystery remains. The following are answers to a few of the
myths about hypnosis:
- Hypnosis in NOT brainwashing.
- Hypnosis does NOT weaken the mind.
- Subjects do NOT reveal "secrets" while in
- There is NO surrender of will or
- There is NO danger what-so-ever of being
unable to awaken from a trance.
- Intelligent people ARE good hypnosis
- Hypnosis is NOT a panacea or
- You will NOT lose consciousness while in a
A two hour individualized
with Dr. L
Frederick Anderson, Psy D is
$90.00 including Self-Improvement tapes
as recommended by therapist. For more information or
to schedule an appointment,
Phone: (715) 342-4180 or 715-421-9292
to arrange for a private